On a drunken party night, young and attractive Lakshmi kidnaps Placid Hari, a journalist, mistaking him to be the man who raped her sixteen years ago. The morning after alters the course of events: Lakshmi and Hari find themselves taken hostage in a terrorist siege of Bombay along with a teenage fledgling actor. The jihadi-in-charge is the boy-soldier Salim, trained in Pakistan by Abul Razak, the object of whose hallucinogenic passion is Salim’s mother. Before the day is done, Salim finds that nothing back home could have prepared him for the fatal eventualities of his mission and his tryst with the compelling story of blood and tears that his captives have to tell.
Follow us on Facebook
- Joining Siyahi is Patrick Bryson and his latest whodunnit The Dharamsala Shakedown!
- Paro Anand and Örjan Persson's graphic novel Two is out and waiting to jump into the hands of eager young adults!
- Watch out for Aleph Quick Reads featuring Devdutt Pattanaik's Management Sutras.
- If you're looking for A Seriously Funny Guide to Living the Good Life, order your copy of Selfienomics by Bloomsbury Publishing's latest young talent Revant.
- The Ceaseless Chatter of Demons, the latest by leading Sri Lankan author Ashok Ferrey will be out on the stands this December. Published by Penguin Random House India
- Sold: Rights for The Graveyard of Innocence, Vinaya Bhagat's YA novel to HarperCollins Publishers India.